I am proud of what I have accomplished in the last four years as a City Councilor.
And more important to me, my family is proud of me.
I have used my seat at the table to advocate for people whose voices are not always heard.
Thanks to my strong problem-solving skills I have been able to address issues residents care about like safer streets.
My community organizing background has come in handy as I’ve advised people looking to start new initiatives, many of which focused on helping Newton residents and businesses during COVID, so that they could better navigate City Hall.
I have worked collaboratively with fellow councilors, learning so much from them but also challenging us all to think more strategically about possibilities and alternatives in policy and legislation.
True to my nature, I have put myself out there and taken stands on important issues. Sometimes this has been difficult.
I ran for City Council in 2019 because I wanted what many of my neighbors want – for Newton to become a place where my husband and I can live for the rest of our lives with dignity and independence, and a place our children can move home to if they so choose. I still think that is important and I know it will require a great deal of work.
I have an MBA in finance and operations and twelve years in banking and management consulting helping companies improve their operations and customer service. I also spent fifteen years in leadership roles in key Newton organizations building important relationships with elected officials and community leaders through collaboration on projects and problem-solving. All of these experiences, combined with my passion for addressing the climate crisis and advocating for those who are marginalized, prepared me to be a very effective City Councilor.
I am excited about continuing to represent the people of Newton. I commit to doing the work to move Newton forward.
All of Newton can vote for me on November 7th, 2023
- City Council committee assignments: Land Use and Public Safety & Transportation
- Appointments: Climate Action Plan working group, Financial Audit Advisory Committee, Newton’s Affordable Housing Trust
- Member of the Mayor’s Transportation Advisory Group
- MBA in Finance, 12 years in financial services and management consulting
- Newton resident for 27 years
- Newton Public Schools parent 17 years
- Past PTO president, Mason-Rice
- Co-founder, Safe Routes to Schools
- Past President of Bike Newton
- Founder and past chair, Tour de Newton bike event
- Past board member, League of Women Voters of Newton
- Troop leader, Newton Girl Scouts